Thursday, February 3, 2011

In the fall of 2009 my daughter (Midori) and I took our first ever trip to New York City.We saw the Statue Of Liberty, Ellis Island and Time Square. We walked through Soho, China Town and Central Park. We visited where the twin towers once were and the memorial for the lives that were lost. So much to see in the three days we were there.
The last place we went was the Smithsonian National Museum of American Indians. What a treat ! ! On display were beautiful dresses, boots, and bags made by native American Indian women. I was in awe of the thousands and thousands of beads that were sewn on the gorgeous tribal dresses.
On our way out we stopped in the museum gift shop. Score ! I found these incredible molas handmade by Kuna women. I bought two of them thinking down the road I would add them to a bag. I thought they would make a great focal point.
























It took me nearly two years but the bags are done. They turned out fabulous :o)
I am excited because we are taking aanother trip to the Big Apple this April. I am hoping to find more of these beautiful molas while we are there so I can use them on my Totes.

No comments:

Post a Comment