Saturday, October 5, 2013

Zakka Along Week 18 Sweet Trips Pillow






Ok, so once again I struggled with the little pieces. I had planned on making the front of the embroidery pouch  and then turn it into a mug rug. However, I was unsuccessful with the little pieces. At 10pm I asked my husband to take me to Kinkos so I could copy the pattern at 400%. I made the patchwork portion of the pattern and turned it into a pillow instead. I was able to use my mad piping skills, I learned from the 1st Zakka Sew Along, to create the pillow. The back of the pillow was made with scraps I had left from the front. All in all, I am pretty pleased with the outcome. As you can see my little Tofurky (the kitten) liked it too. He couldn't help but pose for the pics. He must have been jealous of the bunny.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the trouble with the little pieces! This one was challenging. But what a great idea to enlarge it and make a pillow! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is awesome! Love the vintage feel of it! And that kitty is soooo cute! What a stinker! Ad the bunny is perfect

    ReplyDelete