Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21st maybe the summer solstice , that is the first day of summer
but this weekend is when you know summer is really here
COMFEST 2011

It's hard to believe it's that time again. This upcoming weekend is a big one for me. It will officially be ten consecutive years being a vendor at this show. That's right, one full decade !

Comfest has always been the one big show I look forward to each year. So much is going on in the park. There's music, there's art, they have food and lots of great activities.
I was practically a newby in the arts and crafts when I started vending at this show. I created a lot of stuff but mostly for family, friends and myself. I had just actually began building an inventory for display and for sales.
Over the past decade my medium has definitely changed and my work and style has evolved as well. I can't tell you how many times someone has said " do you still make ....., I bought one from you before at this show. I have to respond with, "sorry, my work has changed. I no longer make .... anymore. For know I am a designer and creator of wearable art (bags and purses) but who knows what I will get into in the next decade to come.

What I love most about Comfest are the people. Comfest brings together a unique blend and variety of vendors, artists, musicians, volunteers, and of course the audience. Everyone is so friendly and happy to be there. I have met so many kind, supportive and positive people. The kind of people who understand my work and encourage me to continue in my path as an artist.

Happy Comfest Everyone ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment